As the coronavirus (COVID-19) continues to raise concern in Virginia and the country, we want to share the actions CHAWC is taking to protect you and our CHAWC team based on CDC recommendations and good old common sense! 😊 Our office will do everything we can to remain open to empower you to reach your health goals and lead healthy lives. We would love to see you in our office as long as you are not having symptoms like a fever, cough or shortness of breath, vomiting or diarrhea. If you, or anyone in your household, has tested positive for the virus or are experiencing any of these symptoms, we would ask that you not come in until at least 24-48 hours after the fever or symptoms are gone completely. Please let us know if you are feeling under the weather in any way and we will schedule you at a time to minimize exposure to others.
What we are specifically doing in our office:
- Asking ALL patients to wash their hands for 20-25 seconds when they enter the office.
- Increasing the frequency of cleaning and sanitizing our office and making use of hospital-grade cleansers on high touch surfaces, such as restroom door handles, entry door handles, therapy equipment, treatment tables, pens, lockers, touchscreens, etc. Adjustment table headrests, armrests etc. will be disinfected after each patient.
- Have hand sanitizer available for patients and team members available to use at front desk and therapy area.
- Our staff will be wearing masks and gloves and will have them available for patients also.
Some tips to consider for strengthening your overall health:
- For additional information see link to the CDC website: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prepare/prevention.html
- Staying on your recommended CHAWC treatment plan by getting adjusted in order to help strengthen your overall health.
- Consider natural anti-virals /anti-bacterials such as Colloidal Silver, Oreganol P73 (both available at CHAWC).
- Consider Immune boosters such as Pre/Probiotics, Vitamin D, Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Elderberry and Zinc.
- For those experiencing a high-stress environment, adding some adrenal support supplementation such as Adreset by Metagenics may be helpful.
- A clean diet is also important, avoiding pro-inflammatory and immune dysregulating foods such as sugar, dairy, gluten and processed foods.
- Maintaining a good sleep routine of 7 or more hours per night.
- Wash hands throughout the day for 20-25 seconds or after being in a high traffic area and/or use hand sanitizers regularly that contain at least 60% alcohol. Cover all surfaces of your hands and rub them together until they feel dry.
- Make sure to wipe down your cell phone and laptop keyboards daily.
- Avoid touching your unwashed hands to your face, nose, eyes or mouth.
- Every system in the body require water to function and our bodies are made up of 60 percent water. We recommend a daily intake of half your body weight in ounces of water.
As this situation evolves, we will communicate any future decisions that impact you or the services we provide. Please know that your health and safety are our number one concern. We look forward to seeing you soon!
Your CHAWC Team
For more information on the 1917/1918 Flu Pandemic CLICK HERE